This camera enables photos to be sent directly to phones and emails. It works with any GSM network and even has a SMS remote option. This is an awesome feature that allows you to change options through text messages.
One very useful feature of the LTL Acorn 5210MG is its no glow IR flash. This makes the camera virtually undetectable. This can be used for security reasons, especially if you are staying far from a populated community or if you are in an isolated area.
You can also see the photos minutes after it was captured. Night images are of good quality too, which is an added point to this camera. This makes you able to set-up the camera to catch evidence of burglars in your house.
However, there are also other options you may consider with more or less the same specifications. There is the Moultrie 990i, which also has a no glow flash, as well as the Reconyx HC600. You may opt for them instead if you do not mind having to see the photos later.
With the LTL Acorn 5210MG, you will also have to buy a sim card and have it activated. This camera will also be shipped from China which might take longer for it to arrive to you. Another downside of this camera is that you will need to have a good reception in order to send the photos. It also must be initially set up with a computer and sadly, it only works with Windows.
You can checked out the specifications of the LTL Acorn 5210MG below:
- Programmable 5 or 12-Megapixel high-quality resolution
- Infrared night vision LEDs for flash range as far as 65 feet
- In “Cam + Video” mode, camera takes both pictures and video at every trigger event
- Ultra low standby power consumption. Extremely long in-field life (in standby mode, up to 6 months with 8 x AA batteries)
- Impressively quick trigger time (0.8 second)
- Time Lapse Mode
- MMS image sizes: 640 x 480
- Automatically send text alert when battery power level goes low
- Check cellular signal information on the built-in TFT display in the field
- All MMS pictures saved in SD card as well as the original ones
- Internal antenna design makes the camera portable while still emitting strong signal
- Operates globally via GSM/GPRS network. Supports four bands: 850 / 900 / 1800 /1900MHz
- Date, time, battery level stamped in the MMS pictures
- Lockable and password protected
All in all, it is a pretty decent camera if you want to take good quality photos and need to immediately send them to someone or to your own account. It works well for security purposes.